Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Mighty Mighty Boss - Someday I supposed

I just recently added all of my music from my desktop to my laptop. All the music I had on my laptop had been accurate in the sense that all the songs were properly labelled. The title, the artist, the album, everything, was correct. I knew exactly what was going on in my playlist. But ever since I moved home and added all the songs that I had been meaning to add, my playlist is no longer the pinnacle of organizational splendor that it once was.
Now my music lies in disarray like it was so many years ago during undergrad. However, then it didn't seem to matter because it felt like disorganization and spontaneity were the keystones of that era. Now that I am home I keep struggling to correct all the mistakes in the "info" for each song I have but it seems like an Everest of a task. Each time I try to accurately label each song I am reminded at what an arduous task it is and I keep thinking that I could be doing better things with my time. I keep feeling like I should have addressed this issue years ago and then I wouldn't have to deal with it now. But it still lies in front of me.

2610 Songs. 6.8 Days.

How long will it take? When will they all finally be corrected and organized?
When will my playlist finally have some semblance of order?

I usually buy all my music off of iTunes, so they come to my computer in an ordered state. I have faith in the assumption that at some point in the future my playlist will be what it is supposed to be: a completely self-sufficient list that is easily navigated by others and has a solid structural foundation of music. It's just right now that provides the doubt that it will be like this forever. Full of cobwebs, confusion, multiples of the same song and spelling errors in the song titles.

On the 6.8th day the list was complete and he saw that it was good.

Can I hope for this much? Or will there always be empty spaces in the Album section, misspelled Names and erroneous Artists?

1 comment: